The NUDGE Tool: Moving Notes Left- and Rightward
The Nudge tool is a convenient way to move notes and neumes very precisely. Unlike Finale's Note Position Tool, the Nudge tool modifies Finale's “beat chart” - the underlying rythmic structure - directly.
- With Finale's Selection tool, select notes within a measure and use one of the following options:
- Ctrl + ▶︎ to nudge to the right.
- Ctrl + ◀ to nudge to the left.
Both shortcuts an be used in combination with the Alt and Ctrl modifiers:
- Strike Ctrl+Alt+ ▶︎ to nudge to the right.
- Strike Ctrl+Alt+ ◀ to nudge to the left.
- StrikeCtrl + W+Alt+ ▶︎ to nudge to the right.
- Strike Ctrl +W+Alt+ ◀ to nudge to the left.
Ultra-fine nudging should be used when two graphic elements of a neume don't look perfectly joined together (This is a Finale alignment issue that occurs sometimes.)
Unlike standard and fine nugding, ultra-fine nudging can overlap entry positions.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Produce electronic books easily